I’m Pretty Sure I Don’t Deserve This…
First of all, please forgive my absence as of late. I have been far too busy scolding neighbors for not taking down their Christmas decorations early enough and realising what a huge nerd I am that I haven’t had a chance to post in a while. For that, I do apologise. I know that you’re all just on the edge of your seats, awaiting a new post, right guys? Right? *Cricket cricket*
Well, I have a new post that I’ll put up tomorrow, but, in the meantime, I wanted to write this very thankful and heartfelt post today. You see, for some reason, I was given the Versatile Blogger award. I have no idea why…I don’t deserve that kind of credit. I’m terrible at this blogging stuff, and I’m pretty sure most people don’t care what I have to say, but, as I said, for some reason, blondegirl008 has bestowed this honour on me. She’s some kind of crazy, isn’t she? 😉 Actually, she’s pretty awesome and hilarious, so feel free to drop by her place.
Anyway, I just wanted to say a VERY big thank you to her, and to all of you who actually take the time to read my blog (and even those of you who just skim through to look at the pictures and read the captions underneath. C’mon…I know there are a few of you who do that. Admit it) and comment. You have no idea how thankful I am for you…it warms this little clumsy ninja’s heart to know that there are people that care what she has to say, even if the people she sees every day make fun of her to no end…usually for being so clumsy. And for calling herself a ninja. And for being quite a nerd.
Anyway, I guess with this award, I’m supposed to let you in on a few unknown (at least to you all) things about myself…here are the top 7:
- I can’t sleep if my bedroom door is open. I have no idea why. It just freaks me out. Probably because I think that the monsters are out in the hallway, just waiting for their chance to get me.
- I like every single vegetable that exists. Seriously. There isn’t one sort of vegetable that I don’t like. (Hmm…perhaps I should venture out and try something other than carrots and potatoes?)
- I play piano and [mediocre] guitar. I like to sit in my room in the dark with my guitar and write music. Yeah, I’m all emo like that.
- When I was younger, one of my many nicknames was “Gobstopper Eyes” because my eyes change colour the closer to my pupil you get…like Gobstoppers. Yeah, I know. Weird, right?
- I’m afraid of Virginia Woolf. There’s just something about her work that has always freaked me out.
- I have a hard time watching a TV show or movie that lasts longer than 26 minutes. That’s it. That’s the cut-off point for me.
- I am not Sebastian Vettel‘s girlfriend. For some unknown reason, this is one of the most common phrases that people search on Google and it brings them to my blog. I just feel like I need to set the record straight here. We are not dating. Hopefully, that’s clear enough.
So, after all of that, I’d like to show my gratitude and pure respect for 5 other bloggers whom I’ve had the privilege of getting to know (at least, in a blogger-to-blogger way) with crazy amounts of talent….much more talent than I could ever hope to have. 🙂
EduClaytion – this guy’s the real deal. I’m such a huge fan of his that, if he sold posters of his face, I would probably buy one.
AnneSchilde – this girl can write short stories like no one else I know! She’s got mad skills, y’all!! (<— I can’t pull that off, can I?)
The Flight of Reason – smart, witty, and says what he thinks. No apologies about it. Love that.
Dear Optimists – honestly, there is no better way to start your day than a quick clip and a cartoon from Den and Nadia. Trust me.
The Good Greatsby – I can’t even explain to you how hilarious this guy is…you just have to see for yourself. 🙂
Thanks again, guys! And I promise I’ll have a new
rant frustration-filled post up tomorrow! 😉
Update: Thanks for all the blogger love, guys! I can’t believe that so many people noticed my absence from the blogosphere! So thankful for you all! 😀
Filed under: College, Writing | 39 Comments
Tags: award, Education, humor, Sebastian Vettel